We Indians love cleaning. Our elders feel proud in showing off their cleaned homes to guests. Whether its fans, door knobs or Window glasses everything at my grandmother’s place looks sparkly clean even after 20 years. Unfortunately, today we neither have the time nor energy to clean every single place in our homes. A period when Pre-Diwali time means rigorously cleaning your house is the era in which we live.
Today we give you a list of places that you should plan to clean if not every other week than once a month. Believe it or not, these places could be the biggest spots for communicable diseases or for germs to spread.
- Under the Carpet: Your rug is one of the dirtiest places in your home. From pets urine, to nails, to constant dust under it- you carpet bears it all. It is always best to get the carpet cleaned once in every 3-6months from professional cleaning service.
- Chandelier: You often clean your artefacts or flower pots kept in your home then why not clean Chandelier and fancy lights too? They are also an open object for collecting dust. Hire cleaning services to clean them once in 6 months. You could use a duster with extendable handle to clean.
- Door knobs: Even Cameron Diaz, one of Charlie’s Angels fighting villains, is scared of finding germs on door knobs. She always carries a disinfectant with her so as to avoid viral diseases. We suggest you use the same to clean door knobs.
- House plants: Just because you watered your plant doesn’t mean the plant can survive on its own. The leaves collect a lot of dust and you can clean it in moments using dry clothes or feather duster. That’s all you need.
- Fridge: We often clean the front or the handle of the fridge but do we think of cleaning under or the top of the fridge? Dust often collects at both these places so make sure you regularly clean these places too.
Some other places that should be cleaned once every month include:
- Ceiling and walls
- Behind TV/ Wall art
- Sink drain
- Beds, Sofas and chairs
- Windows and windowsills
We, at Klean Homz, take care of most of these places. We offer a variety of packages to choose from which you can opt for thorough cleaning. Also, you can always contact us for customised cleaning packages to include places that you feel like get dirty too soon. We love to talk, contact us.
Next time we will discuss the things you should clean every week because believe it or not, you are inhaling and eating germs when you ignore appliances that need to be cleaned immediately.
Be sure to bookmark this page so that you can refer back to it when you do decide to take up cleaning.
Stay Clean, Stay Healthy!